Friday, August 17, 2007

Aspen Creek K-8

Brady started 7th grade today! His "connect" teacher (homeroom) had called him two days ago to introduce himself and tell Brady what to do and where to go on the first day. Brady is very excited about having a male teacher!! Yesterday, he went to the 7th-8th grade new student orientation and got his schedule. After that, we went to the pool and met some new friends, the Anthony's, who have a boy in Brady's grade (Joey) and a boy in Baylie's grade and class! (Jayden). Joey told B what to do and what to expect at Aspen Creek!! So as of this morning, Brady knew two 7th graders! (We had met Amy our second day after moving in - she was walking our neighbor's dog - B gave her a "hey" and a JW head nod :) This morning he stood at the top of the staircase and watched kids walk/ride over.... then decided he did NOT want me to walk him over. When I took Baylie over for her reading assessment, I passed the cafeteria and saw B in line for milk, I assumed, since he brought lunch. I took Baylie down to her room and met her teacher - Mrs. Konold - who is very, very nice and young. We got her unpacked at her desk and then she had a reading assessment. I took this opportunity to sneak back down and peek into the cafeteria. B was in line with his Vitamin Water!!! And, there was another boy standing beside him, who it turns out after lurking a little longer was waiting for B. They went together to a table of kids and sat down in the middle. I cried tears of relief! Stay tuned for B's report on today...I bet it will be brief!

5 comments:

grammasue said...

Good job, B; you've been a seventh grader for one day:) My seventh graders "move in" on the 27th and school starts the 28th. YIKES!

James E. Gelatt said...

Nice Blog! Your house and neighborhood sounds very nice.

Brady might enjoy seing where all the viewers live and that can be accomplished by inserting a free counter-cluster entry into your blog. Check out my blog signsandsongs.blogspot.com

Love to all.

katie j.ward said...

I am so glad...everything is going well for all of you. It sounds like you had a good trip, and things are falling into place. It seems strange not to have a kid getting ready or going to school after 24 years. Keep us posted.

Rhonda said...

Great Job Brady!! I also heard Bays started her day with a brave face too!! Great Job Baylie!!
Well, we miss you all but are very glad that everything is falling into place for you!! Take care and we will talk to you soon!;) xoxo

The Slotemakers said...

Oh my! I remember 7th grade. I think I would have shed more than a few tears when I saw him sit with all the kids. Brady- enjoy your new friends!